Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Humor

Too Many Ideas to Write About
Quick! If you were going to write a newspaper column today, what would you write about? My guess is you have a subject of particular interest that you often wish you could shout about from the rooftops. Personally, I have too many ideas to write about!

Gosh, I Hope I Never Get To Be Too Rich
Wealthy people often say that money isn't everything; that money can't buy happiness. Strange as it may seem, I agree. I wouldn't want to be one. In fact, I actually look upon rich people with pity; I feel sorry for them!

After All, What's in a Name?
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." An Irishman by the name of Reilly (R-E-I-L-L-Y) writes about how public relations types mangle the name of an Irishman by the name of Torpey (T-O-R-P-E-Y.)

Life and Death Decisions
How long would you like to live? How important is it to you to live a long life? How much would you sacrifice if you could live an extra day, an extra month, an extra year, an extra decade or even an extra quarter century -- or longer?


Here's A Candidate That Promises To Keep Promises
Forget McCain, Obama and Clinton, here's a presidential candidate whose campaign promises top them all. He's got the answers that appeal to everybody -- Democrat, Republican, Independent or third-party adherent. He's a sure winner!

No Opinions, No Negatives, Never Again
I am often accused of being opinionated. Worse, I am frequently castigated for being negative. I can tell you unequivically I have no opinions. I only, on occasion, make observations. And I definitely am not negative. No. Never.

No Answers, But Lots of Questions
It was my intention to present a number of startling, puzzling, insightful questions on a wide variety of topics followed by some studied, reasoned, enlightening answers. Alas, time and space permits only the questions. I need your help. Do you have the answers?

No comments: